What Is a Life Coach?
These professionals provide the drive and guidance their clients need to improve their careers, relationships, and lives. They help clients to:
- Recognize their skills and dreams
- Refocus their life’s goals
- Move past challenges that stand in the way of those goals
What Is a Wellness Coach?
They help their clients find the motivation and tools to get to their physical and emotional health goals.
Those goals might include:
- Lose a few pounds
- Eat better
- Quit smoking
- Lower stress
Unlike a nutritionist or physical therapist, who makes specific diet and exercise suggestions, a wellness coach will help you make better general choices that fit your lifestyle.
Why Would I Need Help?
There are many reasons. For instance, you might consider looking for one if you:
- Need some guidance on moving forward in your career
- Want to learn how to take advantage of your own strengths and talents
- Don’t know what to do about a major life decision, such as a move or promotion
- Don’t have an acceptable work-life balance
- Have a lot of stress
- Aren’t as healthy as you’d like to be
How Do I Work With a Coach?
First, you’ll sit down with your life coach or wellness coach over the phone or in person. The sessions will range from 15 minutes to an hour. During that time you’ll talk about what you want to accomplish.
Through the questions your coach asks, together you’ll define your goals and the challenges that could stand in your way. Then you’ll outline the steps you’ll need to take to achieve those goals.