What is a Wellness Coach?
A wellness coach is a professional that provide the drive and guidance their clients need to improve their careers, relationships, and lives. They help clients to:
- Recognize their skills and dreams
- Refocus their life’s goals
- Move past challenges that stand in the way of those goals
Why Would I Need Help?
They help their clients find the motivation and tools to get to their physical and emotional health goals. For instance, you might consider looking for one if you:
- Need some guidance on moving forward in your career
- Want to learn how to take advantage of your own strengths and talents
- Don’t know what to do about a major life decision, such as a move or promotion
- Don’t have an acceptable work-life balance
- Have a lot of stress
- Aren’t as healthy as you’d like to be
- Dealing with major trauma, grief or loss
- Dealing with unhealthy habits (weight gain, smoking etc)
- Dealing with past or on-going relationship issues
Unlike a nutritionist or physical therapist, who makes specific diet and exercise suggestions, a wellness coach will help you make better general choices that fit your lifestyle. In addition a wellness coach will do therapy session/ make an alternate healing plan for the client to follow to help achieve these goals.
How Do I Work With a Coach?
First, you’ll sit down with your life coach or wellness coach over the phone or in person. The sessions will range from 45 minutes to an hour. During that time you’ll talk about what you want to accomplish.
Through the questions your coach asks, together you’ll define your goals and the challenges that could stand in your way. Then together we will outline the steps and a wellness therapy plan that you’ll need to take to achieve those goals.
Please fill the form below to contact us if you would like to know more about Wellness Coaching or would like to set up a session.